Fall Tour to Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance, Sept 13-14, 2014
The itinerary is as follows.
- Saturday, September 13, meeting of the car convoy in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brampton, 10 Nevets Rd, Brampton, ON L6T 5T2 – just off Airport Road and Queen Street E. (Hwy 107)
- Start 10:00 sharp
- Commencing north on Airport Road
- Short stop at Camp Borden
- Lunch in Wasaga Beach
- Continue to Blue Mountains Resort, Collingwood for overnight.
- Please make your own reservations here: https://lodging.bluemountain.ca/booking/#availability or call 877-445-0231, press for lodging reservations and provide your group code GRP111128 and group name Mercedes Benz Club of Toronto
- Dinner in the Village http://www.bluemountain.ca/nightlife.htm
- Sunday morning breakfast at the Village
- Scenic drive to Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance
(admission tickets here: https://events.cuetoems.com/cobble_2014/OnlineTicketSales.aspx )
- While we will be attending the Concourse as spectators, members are still welcome to enter the Concours individually. Please check our Spring STARLite newsletter for details or visit www.cobblebeachconcours.com.
- The trip is planned as a two day outing. However, member who do not want to stay overnight can drive up individually Sunday morning (2.5h) and meet us at the Cobble Beach Concours.
- Later in the afternoon we gather and start our return down the scenic Escarpment roads.
- You can expect to be back in the GTA in time for Dinner
Please note that we won’t have a formal registration. Instead we will start the tour 10:00 sharp with the cars in attendance – so be there on time. Please contact Harald von Langsdorff 905-838-1980 if you have any questions. Hope to see you there.
Set against the romance of lush fairways and windswept costal views, international tastemakers and distinguished guests will have the rare opportunity to view an elite collection of classic automobiles.
The inaugural 2013 event hosted over 4,000 attendees, 100 vehicles in competition, and an international field of accomplished judges, Last year’s event was a wonderful debut, with two Mercedes in the show including a 1959 Mercedes 190SL, and a 2005 Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren. The inaugural Concours raised over $50,000 for the Sunnybrook Foundation helipad project.
The Cobble Beach Concours d’Elegance is currently sourcing vehicles for the 2014 Concours and is looking for a couple of exceptional Mercedes for inclusion. There is no cost to register.
Our call for entries includes the following classes:
1. European Classics, which include all Mercedes between 1925 and 1948
2. European Sports Cars (to 1973)
Please visit www.cobblebeachconcours.com for additional details or to register your vehicle, or call Kathryn Smith 416-366-4820 ext. 228.